G.M.N. College has established a Women Cell in the college campus for the women faculty, staff and girl students, to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for them. With an aim of creating awareness of their rights and duties the cell organizes seminars, talks and also takes up women’s issues and problems. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves. Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes life skill training programmes, entrepreneur training and other welfare activities.
Objectives of Women Cell
- To serve the women faculty and students of college.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of women students, faculty and staff in the college.
- To promote intellectual and cultural activities for overall personality development of student.
- To develop critical thinking ability of women students such that it enhances decision-making ability.
- To strengthen the social, emotional, and psychological well being of female faculty, students and other staff in the college.
- To enable women to make informed choices in areas like education, employment and health especially reproductive health.
- To enhance their participation on an equal footing in all areas.
Member of the Women Cell (2021-22)
- Dr. Seema Kansal (Convenor)
- Dr. Meenu Rathi
- Dr. Tripti
- Dr. Neena
||Women Cell Activities 2016-17
||Women Cell Activities 2017-18
||BROCHURE ON GENDER EQUITY PROMOTION PROGRAM
||Women Cell Activities 2019-20
||Women Cell Activities 2020-21
||Action Taken plan 2016-17 to 2020-21
||Brochure on Girls' Common Room
||Day Care Centre
||Women Cell Activities 2018-2019
||News Clippings of Women Cell
- Organized Food Festival on December 11, 2021 (Student Made, Students Served, Student Earned)
- Organized Mehndi Competition on October 23, 2021
- Celebrated Teej Festival on August 07, 2021
- International Women Day Celebration dated 08-03-2021
- Talk on Hair and Skin Care treatment (Lakme institute Ambala City) dated 03-03-2020
- Health and Eye Check-up dated 28-02-2020
- Professional training programme on Makeup and Hairstyling in collaboration with Orane International dated 24-01-2020
- Aids Awareness Rally dated 16-01-2020
- Poster Making Competition (Drug De-addiction) dated 15-01-2020
- Adult Education Programme in village Shahapur dated 01-10-2019
- Online Lecture on Drug De-addiction by Dr. Jasbir Singh from USA dated 26-08-2019
- Teej Celebration dated 02-08-2019
- Extension Lecture in Govt. School, Tundla in collaboration with Health Department dated 20-07-2019
- Medical Camp in Govt. School, Kalarheri collaboration with Health Department dated 27-07-2019
- Organized Slogan Writing Competition on Female Foeticide on 08-05-2019
- Organized an extension lecture on Rights of Women and their Education on 02-05-2019
- Documentary film on Prevention of Sexual Harassment of Women at work Place on 16-03-2019
- Celebrated National Girl Child Day on 24-01-2019
- Organized a Self Defense Programme 11-01-2019
- Organized a Poster Making Competition on Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao, Women Empowerment & Beti Hamara Abhimaan on 22-12-2018
- Organized a programme on Awareness on Female Foeticide on 14-11-2018
- Awareness campaign on Women Security on 05-11-2018
- Organized an “Extempore Competition on Sexual Harassment” on 26-09-2018
- Celebrated Girl Child Day on 24-09-2018
- Organized a workshop on the use of ‘Vending Machine and Incinerator on 05-09-2018
- Organized a rally on ‘Beti Bachao- Beti Padhao’ on 24-08-2018
- Constituted a committee of SHE teams and Gender Champions on 23-08-2018
- Organized three-day programme on ‘Rakshabandhan an Occasion to Celebrate Womanhood’ under the “Ek Aur Sudhar” from 23rd August 2018 to 25th August 2018.
- Celebrated Hariyali Teej on 11-08-2018
- Organized an Extension lecture on ‘Poli Cystic Ovary Syndrome- A Harmonal Disorder’ on 08-03-2018
- Celebrated International Women’s Day on 08-03-2018
- Slogan writing and Poster making Competition on 12-04-2017
- Celebrated International Women’s Day from 07-03-2017 to 09-03-2017
- Organized a lecture cum interactive session on the topic “Nutritional Care and Hygiene” on 26-08-2016