G.M.N. College has established a Women Cell in the college campus for the women faculty, staff and girl students, to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for them. With an aim of creating awareness of their rights and duties the cell organizes seminars, talks and also takes up women’s issues and problems. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves. Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes life skill training programmes, entrepreneur training and other welfare activities.
Objectives of Women Cell
- To serve the women faculty and students of college.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of women students, faculty and staff in the college.
- To promote intellectual and cultural activities for overall personality development of student.
- To develop critical thinking ability of women students such that it enhances decision-making ability.
- To strengthen the social, emotional, and psychological well being of female faculty, students and other staff in the college.
- To enable women to make informed choices in areas like education, employment and health especially reproductive health.
- To enhance their participation on an equal footing in all areas.
- Extension Lecture in Govt. School, Tundla in collaboration with Health Department dated 20-07-2019
- Medical Camp in Govt. School, Kalarheri collaboration with Health Department dated 27-07-2019
- Teej Celebration dated 02-08-2019
- Online Lecture on Drug De-addiction by Dr. Jasbir Singh from USA dated 26-08-2019
- Adult Education Programme in village Shahapur dated 01-10-2019
- Poster Making Competition (Drug Deaddiction) dated 15-01-2020
- Aids Awareness Rally dated 16-01-2020
- Professional training programme on Makeup and Hairstyling in collaboration with Orane International dated 24-01-2020
- Health and Eye Check-up dated 28-02-2020
- Talk on Hair and Skin Care treatment (Lakme institute Ambala City) dated 03-03-2020
- International Women Day Celebration dated 08-03-2021