National service scheme (popularly known as NSS ) a flagship programme of the
Government of India ,was launched on 24 September 1969 , the birth centuary Year of Mahatma Ghandhi with the primary objective of developing the Personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service.
The ideological orientation of the NSS is inspired by the ideas of Mahatma Ghandhi ; very appropriately , the motto of NSS is “NOT ME, BUT YOU “, Presently “Three NSS Units” are working effectively in G.M.N college . Different Activity like , special camping program, village adoption , personality Development among the student through community services , social reforms, Tree planatation , communal harmony, creation of community assets, relief work, Blood donation , environmental protection , literacy program, health education Campaign, social service program, programs for empowerment of women , Program connected with economic development activities etc. are carried out regularly.
- Two Nukkad Natak was organized by the NSS Unit of Gandhi Memorial National College, Ambala Cantt held on 17-07-2021
- Organized National Webinar on “Covid -19 and Vaccination: Myths and Realities” held on June 23, 2021
- Celebration of International Yoga Day on June 21, 2021
- Organized Yoga Training in the college campus on June 19, 2021
- Organized State Level Quiz Competition on June 02, 2021
- Organized online Drug De-Addiction Movement on June 02, 2021, in collaboration with Hindi Dept.
- Celebration of international Environmental Day on June 07, 2021, in collaboration with Botany Dept
- Celebration of International Women Days on March 08, 2021, in collaboration with Women Cell
- Organization of "Goodwill Week" on Feb 08, 2021
- Organized Seven Days NSS Camp from February 01-07, 2021
- Celebration of Constitutional Day on November 26, 2020, in collaboration with the Dept of Political Science
- Pledge Ceremony on "Satark Bharat Smaradh Bharat" on October 30, 2020
- COVID-19 Pledge on October 12, 2020
- Tree Plantation on August 05, 2020
- Online Lecture on Kargil Diwas conducted on July 28, 2020
- Gandhi Memorial National College, Ambala Cantt. organised a traffic awareness programme at village Tepla at a Hyundai showroom under the supervision of Dr Rakesh, Coordinator, NSS with the kind permission of the Principal, Dr. Raj Pal Singh. The chief guest of the occasion was DSP Barara. The Rotary Club also organized a blood donation camp inside the Hyundai showroom. NSS volunteers motivated the audience to wear helmets and seat belts while driving and appealed to them to follow the traffic rules. The camp was organized to sensitise the people about traffic rules not because of the fear of punishment, but because of their life-saving nature. They told the people to follow traffic rules voluntarily. The sarpanch of village Tepla, and other members of the Panchayat along with several people made this event a success with their presence.